Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Things I Like

What a sweet name for a post, right? Well, it's pretty self-explanatory. I like things. And there are things I like currently that I think you should like too. Let's dig right in...

Because I won't ever deny that I like to jump on the band wagon every now and then, in my world of entertainment...

Amazon
The Fault in Our Stars: I should preface this by saying, I'm only into the occasional novel with the main plot being a romance. But every once in a while, there is a novel, whereby love is a feature, that I enjoy. Not only enjoy, but really provides perspective on life, love and all things deep and philosophical. This...this book is worth your time. And trust me, give yourself 3 days max. No way you're putting this down.

Orange is the New Black: I mean, obviously, right!? I resisted this because the plot didn't sound all that appealing. But then I watched one episode and I was hooked. Worthy of Netflix binge for sure.

Spotify: I know, I know. I'm WAY late to the party on this one. I love it way more than Pandora. If only I could stream it all day every day without using my data...

Speaking of music...looking for some new bands to tickle your eardrums? Allow me to introduce you to The Cinema and The 1975. Kind of Indie, kind of punk, kind of emo, kind of pop. Give it a listen.

In the world of snacks...


OMGTHESECRACKERS!!!!
Cornbread crackers. Nothing short of addictingly delish in a dangerous way. If you like cornbread, these are for you. If you don't like cornbread...well...you should move along.


And then...there are these. They play with your mind because they're made with veggies and you think you're eating healthy. But then you eat the whole bag. That's not healthy. Or sensible portions for that matter.

In the world of my health...

Pinterest Home Cross-Fit Type Workouts...this being my current fave...

--not for the weight loss, just for the tone

Now, I haven't dropped 10, but it would help if I didn't eat a bag of veggie sticks. Check out my "Don't Be a Fatty" Pinterest board for more like this.

And for more eating, my daily breakfast for the last 6 weeks. And I'm not even tired of it yet. Also, my kid eats it. And there is spinach!!

Sneaky Smoothie

1 cup spinach
1/2 cup almond coconut blend milk
3 tablespoons greek vanilla yogurt (I use Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla)
1 frozen banana 
1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
Optional - 1 tsp chia seeds

Blend all together. Delish. You can only taste banana and peanut butter.

I like a lot more things, but I think this is pretty good for now. Tell me what other things I should like! 





No comments:

Post a Comment